David Riley CV
- Hundreds of corporate videos including Ford, Mercedes, IBM, Boots, HSBC, Lloyds TSB, Toyota etc.
- BBC – presenter of ‘Look Ahead’ 60 part language programme.
- Conferences, product launches, Q&A sessions, for BT, Glaxo, Vauxhall, Microsoft, Scottish Amicable, NaCTSo, NEC, Standard Life, and many others.
- Einstein – newsreader and interviewer for CPD at Channel 4.
- High profile interviews with Lord Puttnam (UNICEF), Klaus Schwab (World Economic Forum), Ben Verwaayen (former CEO of BT), Roger Bootle (Capital Economics), Richard Harvey (former CEO of Aviva).
- Animation – Aardman
- TV campaigns – Halfords, Wash n’ Go, Walls Viennetta, Cellnet, Office World, American Express.
- Radio commercials – voiceover for Classic FM, Capital, and local radio.
- Corporate documentaries and online training material.
- Audio books – narrator on children’s books by Dick King-Smith
- TV trailers – voiceover for LWT, Sky, BBC.
- TV documentaries – narrator of over 60 episodes for National Geographic, and over 100 programmes for the History Channel.
- Podcasts – interviewer on Aviva Live Radio, and Deloitte Quarterly Economic Review
- UK – Cadbury’s Fuse, Ibuleve, British Airways, Shell , Barclays, Eurotunnel, Walker’s Crisps, Sunday Express, British Gas, Hedex, Radion, Cathay Pacific, Crosse & Blackwell, Swinton Insurance, Britannia Building Society.
- Germany – Ajax, Jakob’s coffee.
- Holland – Rabo bank.
- Italy – Plasmon baby food.
- Spain – VW Passat, Postalk.
- Belgium – HSA .
- Switzerland – McDonalds Happy Meal.
- Theatre – leading roles at York, Sheffield,Worcester,Leicester Haymarket, Plymouth and Windsor Theatre Royal.
- National Theatre – Schweyk in the Second World War (1983-4)
- West End (Wyndham’s) – Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (1984-6)
- Television – Disraeli, Nancy Astor, General Hospital, Crisis, Call Me Mister, The Bill, Jonathan Creek.
- Film – Apocalypse Watch.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER WORK
1968 – 1971 BA (Hons) Economics, Durham University
1971 – 1972 Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Leeds University
1972 – 1974 Teacher, Harrogate High School (economics and music)
1974 – 1975 Drama Diploma, Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art
1995 – 1998 Music Diploma
“A presenter who applies his mind to the job – invaluable in this day and age when just ‘speaking words’ is not enough to make a good programme.”
Chris Templeton – Senior Producer, Corporate Television Networks.